Know Your Union Contract
Your Union Contract is an essential document which gives the Union the foundation it needs to protect your rights, it stipulates the guaranteed wages, benefits and working conditions that you are entitled to.
- Spells out the rights and responsibilities of both Management and Employees/Members
- Details progressive discipline and the Union Grievance Procedure
WINNING A GOOD CONTRACT IS TEAMWORK
- Your co-workers and Teamster Leaders negotiate the Contract with Management
- Members make proposals, support the Negotiating Team, and ultimately vote on whether or not to accept the final offer for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement
ENFORCING YOUR CONTRACT IS UNION BUSINESS
- Management cannot legally change the terms of the Contract without approval from the Union and its Membership
Request a copy of your Contract. Know your Contract so you do not lose out on any benefits. Your Business Agent can answer any and all questions pertaining to your wages, benefits, working conditions, etc.