Duty of Fair Representation for Union Stewards
Home > Stewards > Principles
Some Basic Principles to follow:
- Investigate all grievances fairly and thoroughly.
- Do not discriminate against any Member(s), represent all Members equally and in good faith.
- Pay attention and always adhere to the time limits in your respective grievance procedure.
- Always keep Members well informed.
- Always prepare and present grievances in a professional manner.
- Do not barter or trade grievances, handle each grievance individually and on its own merit.
- Not all grievances are moved forward, particularly to arbitration. In some instances grievances may be unfounded without basis in contract violation, lacking evidence or supporting data. Frivolous grievances should not be pursued.
Next – View Management Page